Residential Surveying Solutions 

Book a Survey

throughout Kent and South East London

If you’ve got questions about the condition of a property, turn to Domestic Property Surveys Ltd for comprehensive homebuyers reports and building surveys. Based in Herne Bay, we undertake surveys and deliver reports throughout Kent and South East London. Our surveying experts also offer professional advice about Party Wall matters. Get in touch today with any enquiries.

Homebuyers Reports

Button Text Get in touch

A Homebuyers Survey is a type of survey that is carried out before purchasing a property.It is a report that provides a detailed assessment of the condition of the property and identifies any potential problems or defects that may require attention.

The Homebuyers survey aims to provide the buyer with an understanding of the condition of the property and any issues that may affect its value or the buyer's ability to use the property as intended.

A Homebuyers survey typically covers the condition of the property's main structure, including walls, roofs and floors as well as the condition of the plumbing, electrical and heating installations. The survey will also cover any issues relating to dampness, rot or any other infestation.

It is important to note that a Homebuyers survey is not a guarantee of the property's condition, but rather an assessment of its condition on the day of the survey. It is therefore important for buyers to review the report carefully and to consider the implications that any identified defects may have on the decision to proceed with the purchase.

Building Surveys

Formerly known as structural surveys, building surveys are very detailed reports into the condition of a property. All internal and external elements are inspected in considerable detail. The report will highlight any defects and discuss possible causes and remedies. This type of survey is more suitable for older buildings with more complex issues.


Final reports run to 80 pages and will include up to 50 photographs, helping to visually highlight all defects and their likelihood to cause damage to the fabric of the building. Sections of the report include:

Home buyers reports and surveys

External Elements

  • Chimneys and Flues

  • Roof Coverings

  • Rainwater Pipes and Gutters

  • Above Ground Waste and Soil Pipes

  • Main Walls, including Claddings

  • Windows

  • Outside Doors, including Patio Doors

  • Other External Woodwork and Outside Decoration

  • Any Wall Cracking Caused by Settlement

Home buyers reports and surveys

Internal Elements

  • Roof Structure

  • Ceilings

  • Inside Walls

  • Partitions and Plasterwork

  • Floors

  • Fireplaces and Chimney Breasts

  • Built-in Fittings

  • Inside Woodwork

  • Bathroom Fittings

  • Inspections

Other areas of inspection


Where possible, services will be checked for their normal operation in everyday use.

Services are generally hidden within the construction of the property, which means that only the visible parts of the services can be inspected and we do not carry out specialist tests. This visual inspection cannot assess the efficiency or safety of electrical, gas or other energy sources, the plumbing heating or drainage installations(or whether they meet current regulations), the internal condition of any chimney, boiler or other flue.


We inspect the condition of boundary walls, fences, permanent buildings and areas of common (shared) use.


Buildings with swimming pools and sports facilities are treated as permanent buildings and are therefore inspected, We do not however report on the condition of the specialist leisure facilities, such as the pool itself and its ancillary equipment.


We will assess the general condition of the outside surfaces of the building, as well as communal areas(shared hallways and staircases) and roof spaces, as long as they are accessible from the surveyed property.

We do not identify the nature, safety or suitability of any external Wall Systems or other forms of cladding

Party Wall Advice and Awards

If you are planning work that will affect your neighbour’s property, you may need to speak to a specialist party wall surveyor. Due to the building legislation regarding the area in question, you must seek professional advice about work on adjoining walls between properties, whether new or existing, to determine whether work is covered by the Party Wall etc. Act 1996.


If the proposed work meets the requirements of the Party Wall etc. Act, you will be entitled to carry out certain works, provided that you serve notice to any neighbours who will be affected. Our experienced surveyors can help you with this, whether it’s mediating with neighbours in any dispute that arises, or ensuring all work goes smoothly.


Working in compliance with all relevant regulations, we strive for a solution that keeps all parties happy. As part of our services, we can also prepare and issue Schedules of Condition and Party Wall Notices and Awards.

Let us take you through the whole process from issuing Notices to preparing Awards and Schedules of Condition in the event of a dispute

Typical Fee Structure

Typical Fee Structure

Rights and Responsibilities

Under the terms of the Party Wall etc. Act 1996, you have certain rights regarding what you are allowed to do, providing you have informed your neighbour. The three types of work covered by the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 are:

Rights and Responsibilities

  • New Walls Built up to the Boundary or Line of Junction

  • Work Carried Out on Party Walls or Structures

  • Excavations within 3 – 6 Metres of a Neighbour’s Property, If They Go Deeper Than the Foundations

Looking for Reliable Surveyors?

We offer cost-effective residential surveying, including homebuyers reports and party wall advice.

Book a Survey